Sunday 23 May 2010

A warm welcome on a rainy day!

Hey there!

My name is Bilyana and I’m a Creative Writing student creatively wasting her time near London. Today I’ll be introducing myself (though I kind of did it already) and this blog called Handmade Discoveries.

I’ve been crazy about Etsy ever since I found out it existed and have spent almost epic amounts of time just browsing through all kinds of things for the sake of daydreaming. Most of the things I liked remained daydreams, but that’s another story. Recently, I thought it might be a good idea to start sharing what I found and from this point on this blog was already writing itself on the back of my mind.

Then I came up with my master plan to rethink and reopen my Etsy shop, and, believe me, there are many things to reconsider, so having a blog would be my way of keeping a track of what’s going on with me and my shop while we’re happily together.

At this point I was dead-certain there were other artists going through a lot while opening their shops and waiting for some door to get loose and it was only natural to decide that hearing their stories and occasional tips would be more than interesting for me and every other artist on the same track. Skipping school was never a fun thing to do alone, it’s the same with Etsy.

And now that you’ve peeked at the insides of this blog, maybe it’s time to show its proper look.
  • ·         Monday’s posts would be my piece of sharing all those thriller (and sometimes even horror!) moments in my everyday life as a maker and as, well, me.
  • ·         Wednesday’s posts will be devoted to the Alternative Etsy Finds. If you ever feel there is some themed search that was never made, feel free to suggest it!
  • ·         Friday will be a true Discovery Day – we’ll be hearing from some fresh artists swimming out there in Etsy.

Hopefully, you’ll be discovering a lot and finding inspiration, motivation or simply something interesting to throw out there while your neighbors are having you over for their kid’s party!

My work-work attitude!

P.S.:
A month from the writing of this post (yes, I write drafts!), a few things happened.

Firstly, Etsy created their Fresh Shop blog entries and, though I had my doubts, I will still feature new artists. I’m screaming from a chair cheering for Etsy’s team, but nevertheless I know they can’t cover all gorgeous artists trying to find their spot.

Secondly, I am now officially wasting time in Sofia! We all know it, there ain’t a place like home. As a celebration and a bit of self-spoiling I will be featuring a Bulgarian artist, who’ll bring the magic to you personally!

And finally, I will announce Wednesday’s topic, just to keep up a healthy amount of suspense! Without giving away too much, there it is: “It’s all about those hands!”

Hopefully without further postscripts,
Bilyana J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails