Tuesday 5 April 2011

Whim #3: Going veggie.



Well, I hope this one sticks with me!

I've been thinking of it for a long time now - just a quick flashy thought every now and then, so it wasn't really unexpected. I become attached to food too easily (tell that to the two carrots, two garlics and the (sadly already dead) basil plant I treated like a dog). So, given that Bulgaria lacks the Free-range meat segment, I am gradually quitting meat and starting to eat.. soy.

I have a history of quitting things - I haven't had a soft drink for a year and a half and didn't eat McDonald's for a year until I started working there and even then I've gradually minimized the meat I eat when going out (mmm, tasty meat-less Quarter cheese!). So, I'm only a bit intimidated by this whole thing and the fact that I'll probably have to cook most of it myself. I've planned a month-long transition starting from tomorrow as my first truly veggie day - for breakfast the usual porridge, lunch would be tofu with mushrooms and onion and for dinner we'll have veggie burgers with broccoli, carrots and tomatoes.

Luckily, my boyfriend's willing to try this out with me, so I can stay focused and not have to cook two things at a time. I don't ever cook, so that by itself will still be a challenge :D I'm sticking to eggs and milk though, but will try soy milk eventually. I'm not quite sure how to bring this to my parents, we still have an unresolved argument about my stubborn denial of leather shoes and meat-less me will probably be a baby-Armageddon in their world. But I'll procrastinate for as long as I can before telling them.

Well, I'll try and write more regularly and share how all goes! Wish me luck!

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails