Tuesday 22 June 2010

Sharing: The hectic double life!


Heya, guys!

Yesterday was a crazy crazy day with one internship ending (40 mins.?!) and another starting, a partial shop launching and a lately too much delayed movie night. However, firstly I'll share a bit of photos of some of the guys I met and worked for/with during my stay at Novo Selo Training Area. Here goes my double post!
  • Novo Selo
When we arrived at Novo Selo, I had virtually no idea what I'd be doing, where and with whom. For all I knew, we would've staid in tents and showered once every three days and spoken to the mud for two weeks! Well, as we traveled forth my expectations grew only to be completely blown away by the fact that the so called "tents" had air-conditioning and the bathroom had an endless supply of hot water! But that stuff, as well as the delightfully awful food, were nowhere as interesting and exciting as the people I met. Some of them didn't get in the way of my camera, but those that did I'll tell you about!

Captain Garrison's top secret side-job.

Well, this man is an absolute inspiration. I don't quite care what other saw and didn't see in him, if I ever get to write those stupid "Whom do you want to resemble" essays, I'd definitely have someone to write about. And yeah, if I have to be anybody's pet to learn some useful stuff, I would walk on four legs and chase whatever it takes. Although, Zagorka?! Damn lucky bastards, if you're asking me, and not because of a good beer taste!

"Pretty Face" Seitz

A nice guy, although he seemed to be a bit lightheaded. He's given me more than one chance to throw out nasty lines at him and always taken it in honorably! Keep smiling, Pretty Face!

The Death Metal guy!

The guy with the boat :)

The quiet Stoicho

The Apple Fairy!

And finally (although I have many other pictures), The Apple Fairy! Probably somewhere in Romania, should post him an apple to remember me :) Took good care of me, hope we'll meet again someday and catch up!

I do have other pictures and guys to present, but at this point it will probably make no sense. But, as a last tribute to the awesome time I had at Novo Selo:

One of the MANY beer tanks! 
  • The Etsy shop launching!
Before I get too emotional, let me begin with the other side of my present post. Yesterday I started listing my magnets, although at this point I still have around 15 more to list. I'm not as desperate to be noticed, probably because I have many other stuff going on, but after I get my salary I'll invest in some advertising and business cards. Also, I've decided to create a new collection of 5 magnets each week and am considering the benefits of a wider product line (badges, anyone?). The pictures we took were quite satisfying, the item descriptions turned out quite fun to write. What needs to be made is a new banner as my current does not quite fit into the overall feeling of the shop. Also, I need to write my Bio page and... Well, don't get me started, I've filled out quite some pages with To Do lists :D! The initial design ideas I developed into 4 distinct collections of five:

The Africans

The Polars

A Custom Family

The Farm Buddies

I do think some of them need to be tested a bit more as designs and as a guide to what should be changed I've asked a friend to give life to my marketing research. Basically, if customers are willing to participate in a survey, they will be granted a 10% discount off their next purchase. The survey is still in production, but it will be finished in about a week. Ugh, my mind is starting to wander, so I'll leave the pictures to do the talking, otherwise you might hear totally random stuff :D! But before the final paragraph, I give you - the making!


And that's only half the mess!

Our model Milenka as she begins to realize how many photos we're still to make!

Imagine my partner singing on a chair, holding the camera stand as a microphone. Yeah, that's what you're missing. Why? Stupid memory card won't talk to the computer! Argh!

Well, as you can see it's not just my life that's hectic, in my mind thoughts are running (away?) and I'm rambling once more. Anyway, hope you'll enjoy the pictures and if you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to share! Tomorrow, we'll be dealing once more with hectic affairs - without spoiling, I'll just share the title of the Treasure Hunt post - "Oh, my God! Forgot what?!". But until then

Keep things as lively as you can and enjoy each day,

Bilyana


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails