Monday 14 June 2010

Sharing: A newbie's poem

Hello!

As I've said last week, today's post consists of a poem I wrote for my Creative Writing portfolio. And as I kind of dislike posts without pictures, but still am a bit too sick to stand in front of a camera, today's model is my sleeping buddy (one of the many I have to say!) - Buffles!

Photo's a bit lame, but I promise to make it up to you with many better ones next Monday!

Imagine he's reading my future book! Today's poem definitely won't be written in there, as I'm not quite satisfied, but nevertheless it's one of the few, so here it goes:

Jack the Suicidal Bird

Before the laying of her child
Jack’s mother flew to close
To airplane roaring, huge and wild,
In her much fear arose.

Most probably it was the gas
That chocked her while she flew -
She could not feed her Jack, alas,
His wings just halfway grew.

He could not go to singing school,
Such faulty otherling
Should hum for humans as a fool
Who tries cars to outsing.

Jack thought there was much more to life
Apart from Disney’s tale,
For friends or love he did not strive,
Just PR for his wale.

But how a pigeon could acquire
Such advertising strength
When each new poet did desire
To write of doves at length.

The only other thing that sold
Was a dramatic plot
He climbed a shed, half-winged and bold,
And fast attention sought.

Some cruel people passed him by -
Too common pigeons are.
The ones who would not see him die
Were kids in life not far.

They made him Maggi extra hot
And trapped him in a room.
Good care to take of him they thought,
Outside awaited doom.

He died, they saw, forgot it all
For pigeons aren’t rare.
Jack died of hitting head in wall.
Each saving has its fare.


I'll only note that the slightly (or not so slightly) negative hues in the poem are characteristics of my writing-personality, my crafting one is all about enthusiasm, ponies and butterflies (no, really, I eat ponies for brunch)! Hope you don't feel bluer, but if you do, just bear with it till Wednesday when again we'll be coming back to the idea of differences and choices in the Treasure Hunting series, next called 'An opposite of me'!

Wishing you to something you'd enjoy (well, ain't that creative?!),

Bilyana

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails